Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Wallphone: "CSS Rollovers" on your themes

Andy KAndy K
edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey Wallphone (and others in the know, or who have installed Tyco or Tonka).

I am really digging Tyco, but I noticed some weirdness that might be attributed to your use of CSS rollovers. I tested in Firefox and IE6:

In the above, see how when you highlight a tab, it shoots that white stripe up to the top of the browser? Is that supposed to happen like that? I like the rollover effect on the left-hand menu and the like, but on the top tabs it looks a little weird, like something is broken...

Just checking, and to see if there's a fix if it's a problem on my side.

-Andy

Comments

• Options
    It's intentional! http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3858/new-styles-tyco-10-and-tonka-10/#Item_6
  • Options
    If you want to be rid of it, remove the line that starts with border-top: 300px under #Header ul li a:hover, about line 65 in vanilla.css.

One fun thing to do is make the two lines that define border color different--you can make a funnel-shaped tab, or give the tab PHB horns.

You can also make the tab cover the page title instead of dropping behind it by raising the z-index above 10.

My next style in this series is going to be 'Matchbox'.
This discussion has been closed.