HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

customization documentation

aepelaepel New
edited December 2021 in Vanilla 3.x Help

Just installed Vanill and YAGA. I am trying to completely modify the way my vanilla forms looks. My designer said the documentation for customization is very out of date and he's been unable to find up to date information. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Options

Is this all that is needed? https://success.vanillaforums.com/kb/developers

I need to completely redesign GUI and connect it to a mobile chatting app. I want posts in forum to show up in group chat room in a chat app and vice versa.

Any ideas where i can find a programmer with experience in this area. My current programmer spent a few days reading documentation and said the documentation is all out of date and was unable to get yaga working. I was able to get yaga working within 30 minutes by reading in the forum and I don't have any skill in programming. So I'm just wondering if I need to find another programmer with a different skill set or if I need to find someone with experience in vanilla specifically.

• Options
    KasparKaspar Moderator

redesign GUI - change themes.

The newest theme are different and that is not well documented.

Chat app - there is already Vanilla App

But alot of themes are already mobile friendly / responsive.

Just try https://open.vanillaforums.com/ on mobile

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If I would be a professional developer with no Vanilla experience, I wouldn't take the job. If there is no documentation on the framework, you cannot estimate how much time you will have to spend on each task. If you are willing to pay on however long it might take, than everything is fine, but otherwise your developer was wise not to take the job.

But on the other hand, there are a lot of other things a good JavaScript and CSS developer/designer can do. The theme boilerplate which is referenced in the docs and the theme foundation are great places to start and you would be able to get a lot out of Vanilla just with that.

There are ways to connect Vanilla with other software, jsConnect is the preferred one, I'd say.

I know that bleistivt is a developer and that he personally is using Vanilla. x00 is also an experienced developer. You can contact them and ask if one of them is interested.