HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Mark discussion for moderation?

Is it possible to automatically mark a discussion/comment for moderation?

I've found that I can implement the base_checkSpam_handler function in my plugin to be able to mark something (a discussion or comment in my case) as spam, but things that are classified as spam go straight to the spam queue and moderators aren't notified. I'd really like to be able to automatically send something to the moderation queue instead, but based on certain criteria, I don't want to simply enable 'need approval' for the users.

To be more specific, the function I am trying to implement is to require moderator review of all posts containing links from newbie users. I do not want to deal with having to approve all posts of new users, so I am writing some code to check their Yaga Rank and if the posts contain links. So far, I have the code I need, and I can send it to the spam queue just fine, it's just that I want it to go to the moderation queue for actual moderation, and not the spam queue to just forget about it. Also note that I want it moved out of the visible forum and into the moderation queue, not simply "Flag" it automatically.

I realize I could probably just grab the database code that Vanilla uses for the "need approval" users and fix it that way, but I am hoping there is a similar handler to the checkSpam I could use instead, and avoid duplicating core code.

Forum is running Vanilla 3.3