HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Developing a YouTube Playlist Embed Addon for Vanilla Forums

👋 Hello Vanilla Forums Developers,

I’ve been working on an idea to create a new addon for Vanilla Forums that would allow easy embedding of YouTube playlists directly into discussion threads and sidebars. The goal is to enhance user engagement by providing multimedia content that complements discussions and helps with learning.

Addon Features:

1. Seamless Embedding: A simple way to embed YouTube playlists into posts using a custom BBCode or a plugin that adds an "Embed Playlist" button to the text editor.
  2. Customizable Display: Options for how the playlist appears, such as a compact view, full player, or a sidebar widget.
  3. Automatic Updates: The addon could automatically pull new videos into the playlist based on a YouTube channel or playlist ID, keeping the content fresh without manual updates.

Development Plan:

• Phase 1: Basic functionality with manual playlist embedding.
  • Phase 2: Integration with Vanilla's API for user-specific playlist suggestions based on forum activity.
  • Phase 3: Advanced customization options and potential integration with third-party analytics.

Feedback Needed:

• Would this addon be useful for your forum?
  • What features would you like to see in a YouTube playlist embed addon?
  • Any challenges you foresee with embedding external content like this?

💬 I’d love to hear your thoughts! If there’s interest, I’m happy to collaborate or share the development progress with the community. Let’s make Vanilla Forums more dynamic together!

Tagged: