Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Trouble setting up on Textdrive - Precondition Failed.

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm having some issues setting up my forum on my textdrive account. I previously had the forum running (v 9.2.0), and had some issues with it not working with some sections (pretty much anything settings related, including approving new users, and changing profile information). I decided to bite the bullet, turf the forum (after backing up the database), and setting it up again from scratch. I deleted everything that was in the forum folder, and dropped all database tables. downloaded the new version (1.0.1), and set my folder permissions as per instructions. When I try to proceed to step 2 of the setup, I get a preconditions failed error. If I go back and try again, I instead get this message: "We came across some problems while checking your permissions... Vanilla seems to have been installed already. You will need to remove the conf/settings.php, conf/database.php files, and all database tables in order to run the installer utility again" I check the files in my ftp program again (transmit), and neither of those 2 files are there, and there's still no tables in the database. However if I delete all the files again, and re-upload, that resets it all again. I saw some threads about including a .htaccess file in the root directory of the forum containing "SecFilterSelective "QUERY_STRING" "tback" "nolog,allow"" This doesn't seem to make one ounce of difference. for the record, its not in the root directory of the site itself. everything vanilla is a forum/ folder. Anyone have an idea as to what might be the problem? Cheers

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2006
    Nathan, Try putting "SecFilterEngine Off" at the top of the .htaccess file in ~/domains/yourdomain.com/web/public/ where yourdomain.com is the domain under which you have installed Vanilla.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:administrators:troubleshooting#precondition_failed
  • Options
    Mark, I too spotted that in the Documentation, but I couldn't get it to work on my TextDrive account - the only solution I could get to work was to switch off SecFiltering for the domain all together, as described above. There may be a better solution, but I'm just happy that it works.
  • Options
    I use the same method as bigshow. Got it off the Textdrive forum if I recall. Running multiple forums.
  • Options
    OK, thanks guys. I'll give it a shot and let you know how I go
  • Options
    Awesome. it worked. thanks heaps bigshow. Awesome awesome awesome!! :)
This discussion has been closed.