Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Premoderation

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Seems Vanilla doesn't support premoderation in its current incarnation (see http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/4122/support-for-premoderation/) but this would be a useful feature for a lot of government based sites that have to enforce this kind of approach. If anyone's interested in building this, we'd be willing to pay for it (Am i allowed to say that?)

Comments

• Options
    You say government based sites like you run one?
  • Options
    I would think this would be easy for a good Vanilla programmer. I think that you could set up a role for the members who you want to moderate. This would automatically cause any discussion or comment they made to set the "deleted" flag on the item. Then the admin would have to review the comment and "un-delete" it to make it visible. Maybe you could even notify the admin by email but this could be too much if you had a lot of members.

Just thinking out loud to try and help with the idea and design.
  • Options
    That's probably cause he does, Jake. It's some kids thing.
  • Options
    You say government based sites like you run one?

In effect, yes. We're a London-based digital agency who work on several government sites. There's an (understandable) emphasis on protecting identity etc. on this site, so any forum is going to have to have a premoderation capability.

It seems as if miniBB offers support for premoderation but after hearing so many good things about Vanilla, I was hoping to use it for this project.
  • Options
    I think Premoderation would be very useful for me. Does this scenario make sense?

The ability to assign categories to roles makes it possible to hide discussions within categories but only if the one who starts the discussion assigns the (correct) category in the first place. If they forget, everyone sees it.

Even the multi-role extension would not prevent this.
This discussion has been closed.