Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

CSS Slow to load?

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Sometimes, the discussions list and categories page on my forum momentarily, for half a second or so, appears unformatted, then the CSS seems to kick in and everything jumps into place.

I have added a couple of styles to the default CSS file, nothing drastic, I've checked the formatting it appears OK.

Although it's just a cosmetic thing it's annoying, anyone else experience this?

BTW: I'm using the DiscussionsOverview extension but the glitch also occurs on the Categories page.

Comments

• dan39dan39 New
    edited October 2006
    It's called FOUC (Flash of Unstyled Content). It can happen in IE or Safari for different reasons. There is plenty of documentation out there to fix FOUC on IE. Howver, there's really nothing you can do to fix it in Safari (other than to remove the offending scripts). Apple has actually fixed the FOUC issue in Safari in their nightly builds, and is scheduled to release the fix soon.
  • Thanks dan39, that makes a lot of sense, I do have Google AdSense on the page, although it (the FOUC) does not manifest itself all the time, it's intermittent.

I guess we'll have to wait for Apple to release the fix.
  • Hey dan39,
    I downloaded the nightly image build and the FOUC problem seems to be fixed.

Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.