Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

mod_rewrite and user account

edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
First sorry my english.
I upload vanilla to my server and when I will install I receive a 500 internal server error. So I remove the line from .htaccess:
Options +FollowSymLinks -Multiviews like this guy told:
http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/4093/vanilla-and-ispconfig-500-error-fix/#Item_0

Them everything works fine, but there is no way I can enter in user account of anyone. I can't approve any request member, since vanilla always take to my user account instead of the user account. If any user want to see other profile, they can't. Always show the user who is logged in profile. If I change the /appg/settings.php from 'mod_rewrite' to 'standard' everything goes fine. But I don't get friendly urls.
Any help is appreciate.

Comments

• Options
    Just for the record. I solve the problem and do not know why this happen, but i change ' account' to 'account222' in htaccess:
    #Account RewriteRule ^account222/$ account.php [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^account222/([0-9]+)$ account.php?u=$1 [QSA,L] RewriteRule ^account222/([0-9]+)/$ account.php?u=$1 [QSA,L]

and in line 147 of appg/settings.php:
    $Configuration['REWRITE_account.php'] = 'account222/';

And the problem is gone now. Maibe it's because i used a CMS and i have some rewrite rules and they had conflicted.
  • Options
    This does in fact work. Does anyone know either 1) why it works? 2) why is it necessary. in other words, what is not happening that should be happening? thanks
This discussion has been closed.