Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Directory Script Recommendations

edited October 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've been given the task of creating a searchable membership directory for a commerce group in my area. Just basic information of its members, like:

- name
- address
- contact person
- general email box
- office phone number
- office fax number
- logo
- URL

Then, I'd need it to also have the ability to be categorized and subcategorized (with each company having multiple categories/subcategories), and a standard front page much like the one at google: http://www.google.com/dirhp

We all ready have a database for it, so its just a matter of finding a script to hold it. I'm preferring php/mysql at this point. Does anyone have any experiencing installing/using any directory scripts? If so, which ones would you recommend on the basis of ease of use (both from the designers/admin side and the user side) and durability. I'd also like to be able to place it right into a design without too much issue.

And... go.
This discussion has been closed.