Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Updated Discussions Filter?

TomTesterTomTester New
edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Been hanging out on the forum tonight (as some of you might have noticed).

Like to use on 'participated discussions' filter as opposed to hitting refresh.
When none of the discussions I participated in are updated, I check out new
discussions (or discussion I have not read).

I rarely venture past the first two pages without hitting the 'participated
discussions' filter or the "discussion tab" again.

-> result: anything past the first 40 gets read rarely.

Hence my question.request:

Are there "new/unread discussions" & "updated discussions" filters too?

New/unread discussions: lists only those discussions I have not yet read at all

Updated discussions: lists those discussions that were recently updated (since I read them)

New & updated discussions: list both of the above (any discussion that has something new to read)

Comments

• Updated discussions move to the top of the list...making a filter for these would prove somewhat redundant (though may make my life easier i admit) I think there was an extension or something that listed discussions you'd not yet read but i'm not sure. Given that there probably around 4000 on here that fall under that category for you I suspect it'd also be a shade redundant.
  • I'll look at the present discussion filter add-on code again to see if I can add it myself.

Just modified it to add a new "all discussions" option to the top (for interface symmetry)
    This will allow me to remove the DISCUSSIONS tab altogether via pagemanager.
    Less clutter.
This discussion has been closed.