Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I need a new monitor...

edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
So today i got my main pc back up and running (my sofa pc died and i've run out of backups) And I've been using 1024x768 on the 15" monitor on my sofa pc, so i was using 1280x960 on my primary 17" on here. But it only does 60hz refresh on that (i'm not sure why, its quite a good monitor). So i'm using 1024x768 on it and everything looks so big :( If anyone has a spare 19" tft i'd be more than greatful for it..

Comments

• Options
    I used to run 1440x1050 on a 15" monitor. Using Linux. That's the highest res the thing could go to.
  • Options
    well apparently 1280 is the highest this goes to...which explains the shit refresh. I never realised that. Someone get me a 19" tft goddamnit!
  • Options
    Pardon my idiocy, but what's a tft? And 60mhz doesnt bother me. I dont get why it does for a lot of other people...
  • Options
    ithcyithcy New
    edited July 2005
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin-film_transistor
  • Options
    yeah tft lcd whatever you want to call it. they're the thin monitors that its no longer worth being without. at 60hz you can just about see your monitor refreshing...try comparing it to 75+hz and you'll see what i mean. Its generally not very good for you.
  • Options
    Its generally not very good for you.

Why is that? Does it stuff up your eyes?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    imagine staring at a strobe light for a couple hours...
  • Options
    I understand. But, if you had 'ample' lighting in the room, it would be less of a problem. I don't have that problem, I just get a sore neck looking at my monitor. It is like having an iMaxx screen 1 foot in front of your face. You see, I have an apple 30" cinema display.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    edited July 2005
    mini, I found you a new 30" cinema display if you have transportation and a billy club :D

kidding!
  • Options
    haha. I am not parting with it! *fortifies front door, loads shotgun*
  • Options
    haha. So whats your address again? I get a sore neck looking at my second monitor cause its at 90" to my face...which is probably why i dont end up using it much. I'm planning on getting dual 19" tft's with a nice thin bezel so it'l work out at ~31". But i have no need whatsoever. :(
This discussion has been closed.