Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Include a discussion on another/an unrelated page

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Vanilla rocks!

So I want to be able to include a specific discussion and the reply box to individual pages, without rendering any other vanilla objects/controls.

For example, I have a database of items in a MySQL database with one of the fields being "DiscussionID". Depending on the item being viewed atm, I could pull the DiscussionID from the database (that correlates to the DiscussionID in vanilla), and pass that to the Vanilla and have it include just that single thread in my page, along with the reply box.

I'd also like the "discussion filters" to appear when a page that has a discussionID attached to it opens.

I'm no PHP guru, but I can handle myself. So far my page layout already includes:

<?php
include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/exchange/appg/settings.php");
$Configuration['SELF_URL'] = "http://www.guildmojo.com/".$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
include($_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] ."/exchange/appg/init_vanilla.php");

$Context->Session->Check($Context);;
$Page->AddRenderControl($Head, $Configuration['CONTROL_POSITION_HEAD']);
$Page->AddRenderControl($Menu, $Configuration['CONTROL_POSITION_MENU']);
?>

<?php $Page->FireEvents(); ?>

I just can't figure out the best way to go about this particular problem. Do I need to write an extension that can handle input and spits out the appropriate stuff? Or is is another way easier/possible? Any direction would be awesome!

Comments

• Options
    this sounds similar to what I need for my review pages with posting comment abilities. What are you trying to do with this exactly?
This discussion has been closed.