Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Which name/domain do you prefer... "mista3" or "mrthreee"

3stripe3stripe ✭✭
edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I can't decided which one I prefer - I need a name that's related to 3stripe, to use for a clothing label (tshirts, hoodies etc) I'm thinking of setting up....

I've just registered www.mista3.com, but maybe I should get www.mrthreee.com instead?

mrthree is taken of course but I quite like the triple 'e' idea with mrthreee....

but... mista3 might be an easier set of letters to craft a logo from though, a nice relation between the shapes of the 'm', 's', and '3' to play with there, it also looks snappier I think.

mista3

vs

mrthreee

Comments

• Options
    mista3 - better to recognise and remember, from my point of view
  • Options
    that was quick... thanks! yeah, it is much shorter i guess...
  • Options
    TomTesterTomTester New
    edited November 2006
    I would register both (*) and then pick mista3 as the domain name for your site, then
    link the other one to it via a 'permanent redirect'

I can also recommend https://instantdomainsearch.com/ to check for domain name
    alternatives (it's a LIVE, ajaxy tool to find domain name) It tells me by the way that
    mistr3.com (even shorter, and avoids the spelling-prone A in 'mista', is available too)

(*) I use 1and1.com & godaddy.com, cheap services and they have great tools
  • Options
    I don't like the 'A'. Mista, eh, sounds/looks ghetto to me.

I'm with Tom, Mistr3.
  • Options
    I didn't find "Mrthreee" all that obvious to read the first time I saw it - you have to work a bit to scan all those consonants together - so I like Mista3 or Mistr3 better. But I'm not very hip!
  • Options
    Word. Mista3 < Mistr3
  • Options
    MrThrizzle. But out of the two mista3.
  • Options
    Mrthr33
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited November 2006
    Hmmm mistr3 is even shorter, good point TomTester, but it doesn't really sound like "mr" imo... hmm...

Does mista really look ghetto to you? I'm in the UK, ain't a problem from my perspective....
  • Options
    In either case, I'd stay away from mrthreee, people will be dropping that last e like there's no tomorrow!
  • Options
    yes, 'mrthreee' will cause all sorts of problems when you try and tell others your domain name.....too much confusion over the number of E's. Of the two choices, I'd definitely go with mista3
  • Options
    Done.... www.mista3.com it is...

I think I might do a http://heyamigo.net/ style blog about the setting up of this project, could be quite interesting...
  • Options
    Hey Mista!

Unrelated anecdote: went to the UK with my parents (we're from 'the mainland'). Got lost driving around.
    I decided I'd ask for directions. Nice man in a bowler hat (no kidding, this was a while back) passed by...
    TV addict that I am, I shout after him from the car: "Hey Mister!" The man never turned around. This
    happened a couple more times, until one of them called me 'a very rude boy'.

Guess I watched too many US television shows as a 12-year-old... should have said "excuse me Sir!".
This discussion has been closed.