Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Changing default load page from "discussions" to a custom "home" tab.

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Ok so I made a custom tab labled "Home" which I want to be the page that is displayed when visiting my vanilla forum instead of the Discussions page. Is there a relatively easy way of doing this?

Comments

• Page manager extension?
  • I can't set the default load page with page manager, unless I am not seeing the option to lol.
  • Oh right sorry i mis-understood. There isnt an easy way really, no...
  • is there any sort of redirection script or something I can run maybe?
  • why is it so hard to change the default page? is the framework not good enough to make these simple changes.
  • Thinking outside of the box, if you just remove that home tab, then edit languages/English.php and change these two lines to something like this:
    $Context->Dictionary['BackToDiscussions'] = 'Back to Home'; $Context->Dictionary['Discussions'] = 'Home';
  • so with that code change doesn't that just change the discussions tab to be called the home tab? My home tab is different than the discussions tab.
  • Oh, I misunderstood. Did you happen to see some of the discussions on changing the category tab as default? Maybe those techniques can be adapted to fit your need: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/1658/have-the-categories-displayed-first-as-default/ http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3248/setting-categories-as-frontpage/
  • Hmm i think that will help me but now I have another problem. I want to be able to point the default tab to be the home tab just for when you go to the link "../vanilla.1.0.1/" and then whenever you post something it doesn't immediatly take you to the discussions tab but brings you back to the category you were just in. Do you get what I'm saying? Kind of like how IPB boards operate where you go into your specific category, post and hten it brings you back to that category. I could then just use that discussions tab to vew the latest posts. It would be really cool if I could do that somehow.
This discussion has been closed.