Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

text overlapping on profile view? (CSS issue)

lamentlament
edited July 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
some weirdness when viewing my profile. it's supposed to say "lament."

a refresh clears it up, but it has happened twice now. odd?

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Vanilla hates you!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I made a change to the css on that page. You might have to do a hard refresh to fix it, or it might be a new css bug. Vanilla has been fantastic at revealing the wackiest, unfixable css bugs! Huzzah!
  • Options
    @lech: yeah no shit. :) @mark: ok i'll give it a whirl. while i have you here.. i'm diving into editing the CSS. if you know off the top of your head the name of the container div that i can edit to change from 100% to a fixed width, you'd rule. i see .siteContainer and .body but i'm still missing one more i think.. thanks!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The .Head, .Body, and .Foot are all floating within the .SiteContainer
  • Options
    hmm... the "Bug Report | Terms of Service | Documentation" row and "sign in" row aren't clearing when I make .siteContainer fixed. and assuming you're working on a new global.css for 0.9.2, i'll probably just hold off on editing right now and play Battlefield 2 instead? :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Probably a good call. The bug report, et al on the bottom are in the .Foot The "Sign In" row is in the .Session container (which is absolutely positioned)
  • Options
    cool. i could've looked but i'll admit i'm lazy right now. :)

and mark if you play BF2, we have a YH ventrilo server and there's a few regulars.

bf2 thread with all the info. :)
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    still happening mark.. note that to the right of the username is supposed to be "Member" (or whatever your role is), but it's gone. it appears when you refresh.

I also noticed that you can't highlight the username? definitely might be a CSS issue.

i'm on Firefox 1.0.6 on XP..

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    the member text is sitting on top of the username. I haven't been able to reproduce. It's probably another wierd one like the pagelist bug.
  • Options
    if its any use i had the same thing with the 'account' tab and my 'signed in as..' text on outbreaks style
  • Options
    thats so weird, i dont get any of these css problems.
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    just tried it again and it's still corrupted overlapping.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    lol - Okay, one thing: for the record: it is not "corrupted". It is the visual effect of placing one set of characters on top of another set of characters. It makes the text look garbled, but it is still plain text that is not corrupted. as for the bug, I can't fix until I can duplicate. You're welcome to try to fix it on your own and let me know how it goes. If anyone else can validate (read: duplicate) the bug, please let us know here.
  • Options
    lamentlament
    edited July 2005
    corrupted sounds so much more better dangerous tho doesn't it? ;)

edit: i've edited the topic to be more accuarate and less dangerous..
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    hahaha - Thank You! *bows*
This discussion has been closed.