Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

holy crap you added an atom feed!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    bradybrady New
    edited July 2005

Mark,

Sadly, the feeds are not extensionized at all. But it's not a very difficult change to make - just specifying an extra category id in the querystring would do it.

Are you saying adding the text to the querystring would work now? Adding &CategoryID=[some value] doesn't do anything for me on the feed URL. Or do I need to add some code?

• Options
    people who are having trouble with the feeds - check this thread
  • Options
    vonfreud,

I couldn't get the feed to work in NetNewsWire 2.0 too (fully supports Atom).

Make sure you're using NetNewsWire 2.0.1. (awesome program, btw)
  • Options
    10x franklin. Works now like a charm with NNW 2.0.1
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    brady - I meant that it wouldn't take much more code to enable that type of functionality. It doesn't currently exist, no.
  • Options
    edited July 2005
    I could not see my feeds in NetNewsWire 2 [latest version], either. NNW asks me for a username/pass, and I place it in, and no-go. Any reason why you didn't do both Atom and RSS? Just curious, and thanks for adding this capability! Can't wait to make use of it...
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2005
    NNW asks me for a username/pass, and I place it in, and no-go.

For the record:
    1. It is asking for your vanilla username and password (not your server or anything).
    2. Sign out of your installation of Vanilla and then try to access your atom feed manually through your browser. Enter your username and password there to make sure that it is working.

Any reason why you didn't do both Atom and RSS?

Lack of time. Next version should have both.
  • Options
    Just spotted the new custom feed option over at http://www.google.com/ig ... can't get it to work yet though for Vanilla...
This discussion has been closed.