Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need suggestions on my vanilla site

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Ok so I think I have pretty much gotten my vanilla site how I want it so now it's time to see if there are any suggestions for what I should tweak a little more. I'm not looking for huge changes since I am really new to php so I only know how to mimic other pages and not actually code much of it lol. But just let me know what you think of it.

Otaku Gamers Anonymous

Comments

• Options
    That yellow colour on the type has to go to start with!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    you don't like the yellow text color? What would you suggest I change it to?
  • Options
    I'll second that text colour change. I can't read it without highlighting it first.
  • Options
    hmm that's odd i wonder if you guys have some sort of different font type or something? I read it without any trouble and so do a few of my other friends that I had check out the site... anyways. what do you suggest I change it to?
  • Options
    Can I ask what browser you are using? I am going to assume that Wanderer is using Safari, and so I am I. It generally picks up the little CSS bugs that IE can/chooses to over look. I can't say what it looks like in other browsers, as I don't currently have the time to test it, but it looks a really pale shade of yellow for me at the moment. Something dark would be best. Even the reds from the header mght go well.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    its safari not showing the black background works in firefox
  • Options
    lol Safari.
  • Options
    instead of this
    background:#000 url('') top left repeat-y;
    just use background-color:#000;

safari doesn't like empty url
  • Options
    oh i see, I use firefox and IE since I have to cater to both.. I don't have safari to test out. Thanks for the fix, hopefully you'll be able to see it fine now lol.

PS: is safari the main browser that macs use? If so I might start catering to it as well, since it seems macs are somewhat coming back.
  • Options
    yeah safari is main browser for macs
    there is a webbrowser for windows that uses safari's webkit engine. u can use that to test safari compatibility
    the browser is called Swift. its pretty basic browser. totally horrible ui. but the engine works
  • Options
    ok thanks. :)
  • Options
    "PS: is safari the main browser that macs use? If so I might start catering to it as well, since it seems macs are somewhat coming back."

*sharp intake of breath and ducks incase wanderer wanders by.
  • Options
    I heard that!
This discussion has been closed.