Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Filebrowser on Mac OS X Server WOES.

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
So I have a client who needs thumbnailing working. File browser works ok with PHP4.4 on Mac OS X 10.4 server. but no GD support. I install PHP5 on a different box, and it loads the page as garbage code (php5.2) I install PHP4.3 on another box Filebrower works but still no thumbnailing. But PHP info says yes GD support with JPG. What am I missing here?

Comments

• Options
    For php5 support i think all you have to do is change the opening php tags (<?) to proper ones (<?php)
    As for why it wont thumbnail with GD support...no idea i'm afraid. How big are the images? Have you tried thumbnailing other formats?
  • Options
    I had done the <?php for the server with PHP5.2 server no dice. On the php4.3 server that the phpinfo page says has GD support (with JPEG Suppor) They are like 4 meg files. The one gives an error is only a 2.65m file. Error Message: An error occurred while attempting to copy the source image "FILENAME.JPG". Your version of php (4.3.11) may not have jpeg support. Affected Elements: Thumbnailer.GenerateThumbnail(); The permissions for the dirs right now are 777 with root/admin as the owner. Should they be different. Is it really a permissions issue instead of lack of graphic support?
  • Options
    Actually the PHP5 was the simple fix. I had too different web share folders there.
  • Options
    On the PHP5 server now working it doesn't return the error. It just hangs there. Could it be a permissions thing or has anyone seen this?
  • Options
    4meg is pretty big for a jpeg...try something like 50kb to see if that works for a starter.
  • Options
    I'm running 10.4 server on my dev box, which php5 package did you install?
  • Options
    My problem with the PHP5 is thumbnailer is still not working on this machine. It just goes to the White Screen with no error output.
This discussion has been closed.