Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

My Vanilla links incorrectly and other problems I screwed up

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Greetings I put my vanilla forum up here : http://p7.hostingprod.com/@musicisnotdead.com/vanilla/ my webhosting: yahoo small business for some reason, after every step of the installation (1-3), when I clicked next, the page went to something like /vanilla/setup/(null)setup/installer.php .....so, I just removed the null in the webaddress and continued through all the steps, full knowing it probably wasnt right. I put the phpadmin database in the same folder as vanilla, and I "think" i may have filled in all the fields correctly in steps 1-3. was I supposed to put the database in it's own folder? I'm unable to sign in the admin too. I assume I should be seeing the actual default theme but that's not visible either. Any help? If this has already been harped upon millions of times, please just reference the discussion for me, and my apologies to bringing up old news. I'd kill to get this all together and any help would seriously be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    No need to kill anything Doc, (the hippocratic oath and all that!)

What you really need to do, I think, is a reinstall on another host.

Sounds like yahoo have non-standard proprietary stuff happening.
  • Options
    Databases in folders? I recon some host-help would definitely be a benefit here. No idea how yahoo have it all set up.
This discussion has been closed.