Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Change member's nickname?

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello. I have a new registered member. How do I change his nickname?

Comments

• Options
    Change it for him? I'm not sure you can..he can change it himself though assuming the ability to do it is given in your application settings..
  • Options
    That should also be a feature in the next release. I don't want everyone to be able to change nick. I just wanna change his nick.
  • Options
    Sure can...

As admin, I can click on a user's name in a comment, it takes me to their account page.

I can click on...
    Change Personal Information

...voila, as if it were my own.
  • Options
    Oh. Yes indeed wanderer. I suspect that the option to change it is still only there if it's setup forum wide though no? In any case you could just turn the option on, change the guys nick, and turn it off. It's really not a necessary core feature.
  • Options
    Nope,
    "Allow members to change their usernames" is OFF but the ADMIN can do it for them anyway.
  • Options
    Touche
  • Options
    I can't change the nickname? There is no nickname field in "Change personal information".
  • Options
    The username is the nickname. You'd probably want to warn the user though since they'll need it to login.
  • Options
    Yes. Neither can you change the username or nickname.
  • Options
    Can you not even change your own? Check it out on this forum.
  • Options
    No I can not even change my own username on the forum if not the "Let members change username". Please release a fix to this in next Vanilla release.
  • Options
    Well i was under the impression that you had to enable the option to be able to change usernames...it's hardly a bug if you cant.
  • Options
    Well I don't want all users to be able to change usernames. I just want me, specific users or groups to be able to change user names.
  • Options
    Well if you need to do it just enable it for a moment. I know it's a pain but i wouldnt rely on stuff going INTO new releases. Permissions do need a bit of work though granted..
  • Options
    If you have many users, then it could be a big problem. I really hope for this in the next release.
  • Options
     Quote: Polo  Well I don't want all users to be able to change usernames. I just want me, specific users or groups to be able to change user names.
    ADMIN can already do this.

Go to the user's account page and click on "Change personal information".

I just tested it again thinking I missed something, it works for me as ADMIN even if "Allow members to change their usernames" is OFF.

As Minisweeper says though, you would need to notify users via email to change their login details.
This discussion has been closed.