Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Working with Druapl

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm just thrilled with Vanilla. But here's the problem I am slowly coming across. I use Drupal as my CMS because, like Vanilla, it has a great network of developers and add-ons. I use Drupal as my landing page. It handles user-driven posts and some other dynamic content (a block for the weather, for example). Of course, we aren't using Drupal's forum or blog features, but rather we opt for Vanilla. The good news. Drupal and Vanilla are both PHP+MySQL. So how difficult would it be to integrate these guys a bit? That is, on the home page (Drupal-driven), to add "latest comments" from Vanilla in a PHP block. Feasible? Have others tried? Just wanted to get sort of broad thoughts on the most efficient way to do this. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    this has already been asked. and short answer is no one is working on integrating the both
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I know a lot of people have been talking about this, but no-one is doing it yet.

Personally, I've never used drupal, so I don't know how the integration will work exactly.

If you read the wordpress integration, you'll get an idea of what's involved from a Vanilla standpoint.

I don't know if Drupal attempts to do the type of things Vanilla does when it comes to external app integration. If they do, their way might even be easier than ours. The hardest part from a Vanilla perspective is deciphering how the other application handles sessions and "remembery" issues - and then building a new module that handles sessions the same way so that sessions are handled between the systems. Everything else is pretty straightforward.

So, if any drupal developers/vanilla users out there want to have a crack at this, I'd love to see what you come up with - and I'd place the integration guide alongside the wordpress one here on the docs.
This discussion has been closed.