Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Mysterious Vanishing Extensions...

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Okay, so I've download a bunch of extensions I'd like to try out. I ftp'd them to my server, they all showed up in Vanilla under Extensions. I enabled some of them, then realized I had to make changes to some php files for config purposes. I unchecked this items, updated the php, and uploaded the changes. Now, when I refresh Vanilla, I do not see them listed under Extensions as an option to enable. It appears to be random extensions. Currently I'm battling with the IPMap extension. It showed up, I added my API key to the PHP, uploaded that PHP file overwriting the pre-existing one, then I refreshed Vanilla and the extension was not listed any longer to enable. Like always, help is appreciated. Cheers! Ryan

Comments

• Options
    For the extensions you can't see, did you modify their default.php file?
  • Options
    Yes. For example, in the IPMap Extensions I modified the default.php (per the instructions) to incorporate my google maps API. Then I saved it, and uploaded it to the same folder on the server.
  • Options
    And now you can't see it? Can you please email me the php file to jwurster at comcast dot net?
  • Options
    I emailed you a copy of the PHP file. I don't see how it could be the problem, but I'm up for anything that could potentially solve this problem.
  • Options
    could be problem of permission. Each time you edit a file, the file might change of owner and php lose his read permission on the file. How do you edit them?
  • Options
    When I looked at the file sent to me, part of a line was missing something after the = sign.
  • Options
    Dinoboff - I'm using Dreamweaver to edit the PHP and Transmit to FTP them to my server.
  • Options
    forget my idea then.
  • Options
    Another weird vanishing act occured with FCKeditor. I installed it, and then had to modify a few settings (per install instructions). I removed the check box next to it, ftp'd the changed file, and refreshed Vanilla.... no FCKeditor in the list. However, it's definitely enabled because my "add discussion" shows FCKeditor when you create a new message.
This discussion has been closed.