Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

What i'd really like

edited August 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Is a feed for my desktop so i can have new posts pop up when they come.

Comments

• Options
    You don't seem to have very much to do with your days, eh? But sure it would be a nice feature.
  • Options
    hah. No not really, i'm at work and anything to avoid making me actually do something productive is much appreciated..
  • Options
    Could someone do a Konfabulator or Dashboard widget that reads the atom feed?
  • Options
    sharpreader - reads RSS feeds

now, i have never heard of Atom feeds before but from what i gather, RSS feeds and Atom feeds seem pretty similar to me so afaik they are they same thing but with different names : \

(correct me if im wrong)

but sharpreader should do what you want mini
  • Options
    dude write an app to do it!
  • Options
    Or http://www.newsfirerss.com/ for those on a Mac is very nice. (from the developer of Acquistion)
  • Options
    mattmatt ✭✭
    If there's an RSS feed I've missed it
  • Options
    I also use NewsFire RSS, it's very nice. The other option would be NetNewsWire.
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    There's always Google Desktop, which has many other advantages other than just being a feed reader for your desktop..
  • Options
    edited August 2005
    "There's always Google Desktop"

...but not on the Mac :)

"which has many other advantages other than just being a feed reader for your desktop.."

...those advantages are already built into OSX 10.4 ;-P
    (Spotlight, Safari RSS etc.)

FYI:
    NewsFire
    NetNewsWire
    ...these are quite good standalone newsreaders. despite the RSS support in Safari, Firefox, and Opera, the majority of the people still use a separate newsreader.

PS: this is also a nice one:
    RSS Menu
  • Options
    I made a dashboard widget - its at my site, you'd just have to chenge the path to the RSS feed.
This discussion has been closed.