Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Frustrating error message

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey party people... Just wondering if anyone can help me out... I'm getting a really annoying error message, since reinstalling my forum. It only happened since enabling/disabling the 'discussion views' extension (and, yep, I did follow the readme.txt advice), but even if I delete that totally from the extensions, I get this error when viewing the categories: Notice: Undefined variable: Alternate in /home/fhlinux205/d/mydomain.com/user/htdocs/forum/themes/discussion.php on line 11 The forum still 'works', but you get the error message repeated above the discussions for as many topics as there are. I've tried everything I can think of (even reinstalling Vanilla), but nothing fixes it - any advice?

Comments

• Options
    How very odd. When you reinstalled it did you re-upload the files too? You could try just re-uploading your library and themes folders and see if that fixes it (shouldnt need to reinstall after that) - though i'm pretty sure the discussion overview doesnt require you to touch the core and that variable is definitely meant to be there...
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. Yep - I reuploaded the files too. I can't work it out... but, then again, my PHP knowledge is probably zero! I don't want to have to do a complete uninstall of the forum and start from scratch. I think my forum users would probably migrate! Any other ideas?
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Well it's a work-around more than a solution, but assuming you're not using any styles which rely on alternate-coloured items on the discussion grid, you could do the following:
    copy themes/discussion.php into themes/vanilla
    open up the new file, locate line 11, scroll to the end, and remove this chunk:
    .($Alternate ? ' Alternate' : '')
    then save it. That should get rid of your error but as i say it's not ideal
  • Options
    That seems to be working. Thank you very much!
This discussion has been closed.