Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Discussion numbers issue

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
You can see in your profile how many threads and posts you have done. But when I delete a post, then it doesn't remove 1 from the post count. How to fix that?

Comments

• Options
    Why does it matter what the post count is? lol... and if they added a comment or created a discussion why shouldnt they get one from it? They still made it, you just deleted it.
  • Options
    Of course it matters.
  • Options
    @Waterskiaddict: on some forums, post count is god, so people spam to get a higher one, hence the importance for this...
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [-Stash-] looks like you do everything to get me pissed off.

I want the forum to display correct stuff, including post count!
  • Options
    I think he was actually fighting your argument here...If people spam to get a high post count (which does actually happen on some forums) and the admin goes round deleting all their shit, yet leaving their post count high, they've achieved exactly what they want. They truly have a foot long penis. If when you delete them it knocks their post count back down they probably wouldnt bother in the first place.
  • Options
    Then the admin should be able to choose if deleted posts will decrease post count or stay the same.
  • Options
    Well really it should just decrease their post count. It was probably just an oversight on marks behalf though.
  • Options
    Hehe Polo, as Mini said, I was actually agreeing with you ;)
  • Options
    the deleting function in vanilla isn't a standard feature, it needs an extension and this extension needs also to decrement the user discussion counter, that's it.
This discussion has been closed.