Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Signatures 1.01 making XHTML invalid?

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Yesterday I tried to validate our site inkscape-forum.de. The validator complained about a pair of tags in the header just right beside the Login link. <b></b> After doing some further research, I found out it's a matter of the signatures extension. Studying the code revealed this passage (line 37 - 42) to me.$Context->AddToDelegate('Menu', 'PreHeadRender', 'NoFunc'); function NoFunc(&$F) { echo('<b></b>'); } Why do you need these empty tags in the header? What's it good for? Anyone here that has installed this extension and could test this behaviour?

Comments

• Options
    You know, I'm not really sure...
  • Options
    Heheh
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    So what? Who should know it better than the creator ;) :) Will the extension work when changing echo('<b></b>') to echo('')? I thought these tags must be there for a reason. Why do you add them to the header?
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    he prolly forgot to take it off. thats it. he had something between in the tags, he wanted to change it so he deleted the contents of the tag but get distracted. no biggie u can change it btw why do u need the echo('') anyway Sir not you should be aware of validation nazis
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Sir not you should be aware of validation nazis
    I don't get it. Is it irony or do you call me a nazi because I'm german? Where do you come from? Tempe, AZ? ;)
    Did you misunderstand my comment? It wasn't meant offending in any way. English is not my mother tongue. So if I've said s.th that can be misunderstood, I want of course to apologize for it.
    btw why do u need the echo('') anyway
    I don't need it. I could as well comment out the line $Context->AddToDelegate('Menu', 'PreHeadRender', 'NoFunc'); I proposed it only because I don't know if this would break the extension. I'm not good at PHP. :)
  • Options
    good lord. I had no idea you are from Germany I just started watching the TV Series Grey's Anatomy. in it there is a female black dr who is nicked named "Nazis" not because she is german or anything. because she is very strict and unforgiving. thats what gave me the idea. I apologize, this was totally coincidental.
  • Options
    Yeah, you could probably take that out. I really haven't the faintest idea why that was there...
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I apologize, this was totally coincidental.
    Never mind. :)

btw. I'm no strict and unforgiving person ;). I even thought about not posting this issue. But then I remembered Mark's words about the lack of feedback. (8000 downloads but only 1000 users in the community) and thought why not posting this issue within the signatures extension. Maybe it's of any help to someone.

I'm not even keen on validity. I just made a test for the fun of it. And that's where I discovered this <b><b/> thing.

I removed it meanwhile and everything works well. :)
This discussion has been closed.