Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress integration: 'Admin' as username

edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi everyone. I was wondering if there is a way to display my real name in Vanilla after integrating with Wordpress. My Wordpress username is 'Admin', so that's what Vanilla's calling me... I'd quite like to be able to show my display name instead. I know I could create another account, but it would be handy if I didn't have to. Many thanks.

Comments

• Do you want it to display everyones real names or just yours? Cant you change your wordpress username?
  • go into your database (using phpmyadmin or somesuch) and find the users table and change the user_login to your name. Then you can login to your wp site with that username. ~silverwing - I'm not responsible for any destruction this may cause (but you've backed up your db anyways I'm sure.)
  • thanks guys, i was a little concerned that changing my WP username would mess up other things in wordpress, but i guess it's easy enough to give it a go!
  • worked - no problems. thanks for the suggestion.
  • Actually, it's recommended that you change your username from admin to something else, as part of further locking down wordpress. Granted, not many do.
  • works flawlessly
This discussion has been closed.