Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change URL

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi I am new to the software so plse bear with me. I loaded Lussamo onto my webserver the other day, I stored it in a folder called test. To access the forum I had to click on mydomain.com/test/vanillia1.01/vanilli1.01... I want to be able to move so that it can be accesed from mydomain.com/forum for example. What is the best way to go about this? Thanks in advance lennyandkarl

Comments

• This post details the process: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/3856/can-i-move-the-vanilla-folder/#Item_6
  • You can copy everything in the new folder, and change all the url and path settings in conf/settings.php.

The other way it is to copy everything, delete conf/settings.php and to reinstall with the upgrade method, you keep your users, categories and articles but you loose your settings.

I would use the first method if I was just moving the forum on the server, and use the other method if I was moving the forum on an other server.
This discussion has been closed.