Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Never believe the tool makes the designer

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ElrldD02if0 Sure Photoshop may be a more effective tool, but even cavemen with flint and stone have made edges that rival today's knives.

Comments

• nice, I guess its all about how you use the tools in the program and which colors you choose... Photoshop CS2 - $500 MS Paint - Free?
  • edited December 2006
    that is pro for ya ;)

@ Waterskiaddict - haha, sounds like a mastercard ad
  • That's not quite as impressive as this though:
    Also done in paint :)
  • how was that video made? i love it. is there some app i've never seen that makes a movie as you use your computer? i'm more blown away by that - and admittedly clueless about the latest in technology at times. like now.
  • Minisweeper - not as impressive as what exactly? I can't see anything :D

Extremely impressive, now if only it had been done in a vector app... ;)
  • edited December 2006
  • I think deviantart is throwing up a blank on the hotlinked image. This is Minisweeper's pic: http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs5/i/2005/123/0/8/powerdraw_by_Diamonster.jpg
  • Oh. It works for me. *shrug
  • It only works if you've disabled the referrer header.
  • Or if you have it in your browser cache.
  • Wallphone: Clicking on that link gives me an error, but copying and pasting it into the address bar works just fine :)

Mini: very impressive, but I can't help thinking it would be quicker to do any of these things with better tools ;)
  • how do you make it so when people try to hot link to your content it doesnt load?
  •  Quote: [-Stash-]  very impressive, but I can't help thinking it would be quicker to do any of these things with better tools ;)
    I agree, this talent is completely wasted with MS Paint.
  • Waterskiaddict: there are some .htaccess directives you can use to check the referrrer of an image, or it can served from a script which checks. Searching for something like 'hotlink protection' should get you some tutorials on the techniques.
This discussion has been closed.