Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Back-dating posts

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Can we (as admin) change the date/timestamp on posts? I would like to back-date some of my posts. How is this done?

Comments

• Only way I know is to manually edit the mysql. Back it up before you make any changes, though. Otherwise, there is no way through the actual Vanilla admin-settings.
  • Thanks. I'm assuming you mean editing the MySQL table data using PHPMyAdmin?
  • Right. That's what I do when I need to back date something, or move a comment to a different discussion. Right now, there hasn't ben an extension made to change that sort of information. Hopefully one day a coder will come in here and do it (as I am not one). But, until then, happy manual editing : )
  • Can someone give me a valid example as to why you would need to back-date a post?
  • You lose a post after using a backup and want to put it back from your internet/local cache? :D
  • I can think of many reasons the admin may want to backdate a post... not in the least to allow importing of an old discussion board MANUALLY.
  • edited December 2006
    Thanks Garvin. Yep, I agree. It'd be nice to have something (similar to Wordpress) where you can set the date of posts, without having to use PHPMyAdmin to manually edit the timestamp. Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.