Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error on application submission

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm setting up a Vanilla forum at http://damascusroadchurch.org/boards When testing the application submission process, I recieved this error: A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message Unable to send email. The SMTP server reported the following error: Affected Elements Email.ServerParse(); The error occurred on or near: 503 you are already authenticated For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs Any thoughts? Chris

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    What are your email settings on the global settings form? If you have an smtp server, username, and password in there - try removing them.
  • Yeah, that worked. Thanks Mark. How does this affect how email notification works? Also, is there a setting or extension that notifies the admin by email of new applicants? I can't seem to find it.
  • Email notification should be on by default, and the setting is in the role permissions. IIRC.
  • I have email notifications turned on, but the admin is not getting emails. Is this because I removed the email settings on the global settings form?
  • No, Vanilla should still try to send notifications even without the settings. Another place to look is the account preferences, make sure that 'Receive email notifications when new users apply for membership' is checked. And double-check your email address is correct under personal information. You may want to check if your host has outgoing mail logged. Other complicating factors like spam blacklists can affect receiving mail from a shared server.
This discussion has been closed.