Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What gives?

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
What's causing this (in a comment)...
onclick="return hs.expand(this)"

To turn into this...
onclick="return hs.expand(this)"

I suspected the HTML Formatter extension but I can't find any replace function that changes the o character into its corresponding code.

Comments

• TomTesterTomTester New
    edited December 2006
    Sounds like a security feature to me... Does it also happen in code format?
  • edited December 2006
    It is in the HTML formatter. The behavior is caused by this block, near line 226:
    //convert any events to a safe form $sReturn = preg_replace_callback( '/([^\w]+?)(o|O)n([\w]+)\s*=(.+?)/si', create_function( '$m', 'return ($m[1].\'&#\'.ord($m[2]).\';\'.$m[3].\'=\'.$m[4]);' ), $sReturn );
  • Thanks WallPhone,
    I couldn't see that for looking! pic

Now I am able to have Highslide inside a comment.

Posted: Thursday, 7 December 2006 (AEDT)

• edited December 2006
    Just a heads up--removing that block opens up the possibility of a cross site scripting attack. To keep the added functionality while still 'wearing protection', it's better to not remove the above block and instead code the generic script into a custom tag like is done for google video and youtube elsewhere in the extension. </disclaimer> Wow... /me likes Highslide. Wants it as an extension to attachments 2.0!
  •  Quote: WallPhone  To keep the added functionality while still 'wearing protection',
    it's better to not remove the above block and instead code the generic script into a custom tag
    Thanks again mate, I appreciate what you say.

I didn't remove the entire block, I just made a little modification to allow the script.

If I knew how to go about the custom tag thing I would, for now I'm happy with being able to show off using the highslide script.

Posted: Thursday, 7 December 2006 (AEDT)

This discussion has been closed.