Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Javascript auto-reload

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
How about a plugin that adds a tick-box in the sidepanel to refresh the discussion list every 2 (?) minutes?

Comments

• Why? Other than to load a server to breaking point? :D

Isn't that what RSS feeds are for?
  • I agree [-Stash-], I definitely would not use such a plug-in.

One of my more resourceful members loaded my forum into a frame and used JavaScript in another frame to reload/refresh every 5 minutes.

I include this script on every page to fix his little red wagon!
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> if (parent.frames.length > 0) { parent.location.href = self.document.location; } </script>pic
  • edited December 2006
    <html><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300"> <form name="counter"><input type="text" size="8" name="d2"> seconds until refresh</form> <script><!--// var milisec=0 var seconds=300 document.counter.d2.value='30'function display(){ if (milisec<=0){ milisec=9 seconds-=1 } if (seconds<=-1){ milisec=0 seconds+=1 } else milisec-=1 document.counter.d2.value=seconds+"."+milisec setTimeout("display()",100)}display()--></script> </html> this is set up for every 5 min, which is as frequent as you need
  • Also, you can do this with FireFox and certain extensions already. I think Opera also does it... I just don't think it's something that should be encouraged is all. If you do have a good reason for it though...
This discussion has been closed.