Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

RSS2/Atom Extension and IE7 style

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I have installed Vanilla on my server. I have enabled several extensions. I am having trouble with RSS2 and Atom and having the link work properly. Below is the error I get.

Also when I view Vanilla in IE7 my Latest Discussions page is very wide. All the the other pages are fine. I don't have this problem with FireFox. Also I noticed that I don't have this problem when viewing lussumo.com install of Vanilla. I have the latest install 1.03- just downloaded it.

http://www.catskillsearch.com/forum/

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End tag 'head' does not match the start tag 'meta'. Error processing resource 'http://www.catskillsearch.com/forum/?Feed=RS...

--^

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I haven't yet downloaded or tried IE7, but I do plan on fixing any CSS issues before Vanilla 1.1.

Althought I wrote the RSS and Atom extensions, I never use them personally. I really wish someone would like to take them over and fix them up.

*hint hint to whoever might be interested*
  • I reuploaded Vanilla files (except settings) and I now don't have the formatting issue in IE7. Perhaps my FTP program did not upload all files at first- or maybe I accidently changed a file. The RSS and Atom also work fine now. I also disabled all extensions and then enabled them.

The only issue now is the number of discussions is on the far right in a narrow column- but this is very minor. I have read several others experience this with IE7.
This discussion has been closed.