Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Top Albums for 2006

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Just thought I would start a different topic. These are some albums I've listened to over the past year and like: "Plans" by Death Cab for Cutie "Rodrigo y Gabriela" by Rodrigo y Gabriela "High School Musical" by Disney "St. Elsewhere" by Gnarls Barkley "Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies for the film Curious George" by Jack Johnson and others What are some albums you like for this year?

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Oddly enough I'm going to see Gnarls Barklay on the 21st (Theyre supporting John Legend). I like some of their songs but not so keen on others (tend to dislike the more dance type ones)
    The artists currently on play in my car are:
    Damien Rice
    John Legend
    Paolo Nutini
    James Morrisson
    James Blunt
    Razorlight
    Arctic Monkeys

I've been to see a whole bucket load of live music this year though. Probably around 50 or so...I keep meaning to make a list but I'm lazy. Here's some off the top of my head..
    Elton John
    Eric Clapton
    The Who, The Eels, Flaming Lips, The Zutons (o2 wireless festival)
    James Blunt
    Arctic Monkeys, The Cribs, Little Man Tate, The View, GLC, Franz Ferdinand, Muse, The Killers, Many Many more...(Leeds Festival)
    James Morrisson
    Paolo Nutini
    Orson, Basement Jaxx, Robbie Williams
    Razorlight

Yet to come...
    Gnarls Barklay & John Legend
    Morrissey
  • I am probably the only one here that listens to death metal.
  • Mini, none of those are albums dude (just being pedantic)...
  • I know that. I dont just listen to certain albums though and i wanted to chip in. I'm sorry.
  • Well you did better than me cos I've not come up with any suggestions yet, erm probably for much the same reason... oops...
  • Let's change it to a 'top music' thread then :D I was actually considering making something similar as an excuse to bother making a list of the people i've seen cause i keep forgetting..hmm...
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited December 2006
    Linus Loves - Stage Invaders is pretty sweet actually Pitchforkmedia do a good yearly roundup of albums, eg http://rateyourmusic.com/list/ijkidd/pitchfork_50_best_albums_of_2005/ for last year...
  • Are old dudes allowed to play? Put me down for Sufjan Stevens (Illinois, Michigan), Sigur Ros (Takk), Dave Matthews Band (Before these Crowded Streets - an oldie but a goodie) and Rivertribe (Journey - also old). This Xmas I hope Santa brings something by GB3 (obscure Aussie artist), Auburn Lull and Mogwai.

Krak: I guess I just reinforced your point! : )
  • Check out Lemon Demon, everybody!
This discussion has been closed.