Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Notify 0.2 Error Messages and help needed

edited February 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I wonder if anyone is using Notify 0.2 with Vanilla 1.0.3? and is it working okay for you? and if you might be able to help me with this error "Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/.waldorf/pasopedcom/pasopedigree.com/Forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 224" and offer any suggestions on how to fix this.Thanks for any help.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    $SubscribeOwnStatus = CheckSubscribeOwn(&$this->Context);
    $SubscribeOwnStatus = CheckSubscribeOwn($this->Context);
    Not sure the effect of removing that, but since the function call has it reference, I think it's fine.
  • chuyskywalker, Thanks much. I commented out that line and it seems to work now.....Much appreciated!!
  • No no no! Don't comment it out :) Just change it as I showed.
  • Well part of it worked commented out :)) but I did have an error of course. sorry I didn't quite understand your reply. I just do the best that I can with code.....and sometimes I just need a little extra help.. Thanks! So Far So good. Again much appreciated!
  • edited January 2007
    So, I logged into my install this morning and got this error message at the top: Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /var/www/html/collab/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 224 Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /var/www/html/collab/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 237 Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /var/www/html/collab/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 238 Not sure where it came from. It was working fine last night, so what would have changed?

I took the above method of fixing it, and it did - kind of. It removed those messages, but now it shows this: Warning: main(/var/www/html/collab/extensions/Notify/default.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/collab/conf/extensions.php on line 8 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/html/collab/extensions/Notify/default.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /var/www/html/collab/conf/extensions.php on line 8
  • Anything? This is an important extension for my community.
  • edited May 2007
    *sigh*
This discussion has been closed.