Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is it wrong to want a Participated Threads extension?

lamentlament
edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
a la YH. being a YH lite user, i don' t use bookmarks - i use Participated Threads and it's perfect.

Comments

• Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited July 2005
    you can save a search for your username (lament:) which will then appear under Searches in the sidebar... I've given mine the very exciting name of 'My Posts'... lol...
  • Options
    that sounds like something that might be possible with a saved search, but until nav releases the docs, i don't know
  • Options
    there you go. (search in comments) just tried it and it works. thanks 3stripe
  • Options
    yeah that's cool.. thanks..

how do we know what limit Mark has set for the number of topics to be displayed in the side?

i guess we could ask..
  • Options
    settings->application settings i believe
  • Options
    But it's not quite enough... You can search for comments you've made. But there's no indication if anyone has commented since your last comment in that thread.
  • Options
    participated threads would be key.

because i just found out someone asked me a question in another thread and i totally missed it..
  • Options
    I think the limit on sidebar thread titles is 5.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    edited July 2005
    same for bookmarks :D ala - http://lussumo.com/community/comments.php?DiscussionID=459&page=1#Item_22
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I think the closest thing I've got to a "participated threads" thinger is this: Account Tab > Forum Preferences Then check the box next to "Display your discussions in the control panel" It will contain all of the discussions you've started. I realize that won't contain every thread you've ever posted in, but it's a start until someone gets to write a "participated threads" extension.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Oh, and there's always a namewhore search.
  • Options
    I'm just gonna throw another vote in here for a Participated Threads thingee... That would be lovely...
  • Options
    i've got $5 in cold hard PayPal cash for anyone who does this.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    for $5 i'll tell you to get back to yayhooray :)
  • Options
    for free I'll tell you that you're not funny.
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    <3
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    actually, This could be a semi-useful feature which would save you from hunting down your discussions via a 1500+ discussion entry list. Maybe something totally seperate from threads you started. Just ones you've participated within. Could be a useful replacement for the "show all" history button, does anyone even use that?
  • Options
    The easy way out on this one would to be an advanced search for comments by your username. But an extension would be handy. It wouldn't be very difficult, either. I could hack that out fairly quickly, but I would want it to be user-customizable--as in to have the option of specifiying how many recently participated threads to show. And I can't/don't want to do that until all the user preference docs are up. (I don't want to do it all ass-backwards then get shown how to do it very easily)

Anyhow, I'll try and hack something together tonight when I get home from work.
  • Options
    i was thinking it would be a tab up top, and clicking Participated Discussions would simply list all of the discussions you've participated in.

listing it just like discussions..
This discussion has been closed.