Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Private topcs?

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
When you make a new discussion, and lets say I would whisper the new comment to Mark. Won't the other users be able to see the topic then? Is that a private topic? What will happen then? I think the whisper system is way to unclear. There should at least be a new navigation tab "Whispered comments" or something similar, it is way to hard to find whisper.

Because I am wondering how you could do a private topic, and not just write the one you wanna whisper to each time. Also why not be able to whisper to a whole group or multiple users?
This could be good for support etc, when the customers wanna give some private info but with no-one but me and them being able to see the topic.

I also wonder if you easily can do a "resolved" beside all posts for support?

Can I change the username's color for specific groups or users?

Comments

• Options
    You cant whisper to multiple users because it uses a 1-1 relation in the database. I think jazzman has some sort of funky plans to make it work in his private messaging extension though. When you whisper the first comment in a discussion to someone it becomes a private discussion, and noone else can see it in the discussions list. There is a 'whispered discussions' link in the 'discussion filters' extension.

Your second request is kinda a different idea, but yeah, it's possible. It just hasnt been done yet.
  • Options
    I like the usergroup coloured names :)

Could you just use [Closed] instead of resolved? You could even change the word ;)
This discussion has been closed.