Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Assistance with Private Messages

I downloaded and attempted to enable Private Messages from Jazzman. I get the following error message when clicking the Inbox tab: Error Message An error occurred while retrieving discussions. Affected Elements PrivateMessages.GetDiscussionList(); The error occurred on or near: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'on t.FirstCommentID = m.CommentID where t.Active = '1' and t.CategoryID = '5'' at line 1 What am I doing wrong? The directions are a bit vague for this novice. So far I've put in in the extension directory, enabled it and created a new category. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• I know how to fix that. I had the same problem. The extension "Janine" was conflicting and all you have to do is deactivate it.
  • Say what? How is Janine conflicting with this?
  • Your asking me... It just doesn't work until I removed Janine... I just did a fresh install with Vanilla and it happened again... So I installed in again on a different server (fresh copy of course) and Janine works fine. I am not sure what was going on with this... But it must not like the database or something. I had to delete the database and start from scratch to get it to install without any problems. But not Janine doesn't post to Vanilla at all. but I don't get the error I was getting...
  • Hm. Okay, I'll give it a try.
This discussion has been closed.