Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

assigning permissions?

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I've watched the setup tour video and I understand what needs to be done, but I'm somewhat of a novice when it comes to these things. I'm not quite illiterate when it comes to computers but I've never had to do anything through telnet before. I have Vanilla uploaded to my server but now I need to install it. I can pull up the setup page like it illustrates in the video tutorial, but when I check the permissions, it says I need to assign the read and write permissions to the conf folder. I think the problem is that I don't know how to log into my server via telnet and change directories and such. If anyone understands what I'm saying, please give me some advice on what I can do here. I've been on the net since IRC became a reality but there are so many things that I just never needed to learn or never cared to learn. Unfortunately, that's a hinderance now.

Comments

• You can change permissions using ftp usually. For example using SmartFTP, I can right-click a directory, go to properties, and then i have the permissions chart laid out for me and i can tick the boxes i need to. Most FTP browsers have similar functionality..
  • edited December 2006
    Okay, great. I'm almost positive I can figure that out. Thanks for the heads up. Edit: That worked perfectly! Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.