Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I need to post a big discussion (I need access to more characters).

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Alright. I have an important discussion I will start, but I was just limited to 7000 characters. I really need more so I can post my post! I hope you Mark can turn it on for me so I can start that discussion. It is annoying that you are limited to that. If not then I have to link to an external page and that is not really what I would like.

Comments

• Or you could post it in two (or more) halves.
  • I could increase it but I'm guessing there's a reason mark has it set to 7k (since thats non default). I also wonder what happens if the limit is increased then decreased afterwards...hmm...
  • It works fine, but if you drop the count down, the post becomes impossible to edit without cutting a lot of content. In retrospect, perhaps this is a feature best left to an extension?
  • edited December 2006
    I have tons of suggestions I MUST post, just give me the access, I won't spam or something lol. :P I wanna post it in one post, it will be better! Tell me when I got the access. Come on, I know you guys will like the post. It is important! I hate the restriction, especially when I gonna post these threads am I going to post. If you edit it, it will probably not effect changed posts. Lets hope so.
  • I suspect the limit is not set from a spam point of view, more a database size/optomisation point of view. That's why I dont want to touch it. Gonna leave this one up to mark but would it really be so difficult for you to just post it across 2 comments?!
  • Okey. I will post as two comments and maybe they can be merged later.
  • I had to split it into 4 posts.
This discussion has been closed.