Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

comment formatting?

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I installed HTML Formatter and it gave me the radio buttons below the input field for XHTML and HTML. I like the setup of THIS forum much better. Text and HTML. Which extension is that?

Now, I did install the FCK Editor and I'm not sure if that is what gives me the XHTML and HTML radio buttons. I like the ease of it because most people need things to be user friendly.

NOW... haha... it appears that I need to be able to use bbcode to use the Vanillacons. I can sacrifice HTML ability for bbcode so that my users can have their emoticons, but I personally prefer HTML.

I guess the two most important things that I have are the FCK type interface and the emoticons (bbcode).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Not sure about FCK, (haven't tried it) but I believe you need both the extended text formatter and HTML to get the options.

You don't HAVE to use bbcode. (in fact, vanillicons existed before BBCode.) If you want something 'lighter' than vanillacons, you can install the transmorgifier and use that to auto-insert emots. It doesn't come with icons, but you can set it up to use the ones from vanillicons, or whatever.
  • Options
    I do have the Extended Text Formatter and the HTML Formatter installed already.

The transfogrifier thing looks like it's really going to be up my alley. Thanks for that one!
This discussion has been closed.