Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Installation Troubles

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm trying to setup vanilla on my Windows xp box usng XAMPP.. The docs for vanilla say that you pretty much just step through it and you're done, but unfortunately it hasn't worked out that easy for me. Not being a MYSQL or PHP guru, I don't know what needs to be done to do this correctly. (The docs seem to assume that the user already knows what needs to be done on the mysql backend, but this is not the case..) I was able to go create a MYSQL database for Vanilla in PHPMyadmin, and that seemed to satisfy the installation process, but when I try to login, I get this: ---------------------------------------------------------- A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message The connection to the database failed: Affected Elements MySQL.OpenConnection(); The error occurred on or near: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs --------------------------------------- Any point in the right direction is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I've a feeling vanilla doesnt like you using the root database user. Try creating a new user (phpmyadmin should help you with that) and putting the login details for that in the conf/settings.php and trying the forum again.
This discussion has been closed.