Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

know of any good emoticon sources?

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Wondering if anyone knows of any good emoticons and avatars, ideally free. I am hoping to add a few more good emoticons to my vanillaicons extension. TIA.

Comments

• Options
    How about a mood tag? I don't know if this has been discussed before. I just thought of this after I installed a WP plugin called cricket-moods. In any case, you still have to find the images to use.
  • Options
    link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

I just right click on the smiley I want and then "Save Image As" and then upload it to my vanillicons extension folder.
  • Options
    mood tags are new to me, Jim. I must google. Do you still use WP a bit? I did set it up on my site, alongside and integrated with vanilla - but i took it down after a few weeks. thanks, sunmicroman.....loads of great possibilities there. Mucho thanks.
  • Options
    I started out with WP and have used it quite a lot. I've got my blog where I want it - as on online journal. Tags have always intrigued me, as providing just another way of user navigation. I started out playing with tags in the WP world. I just discovered this mood tag which is interesting to me. Moods and feelings are new to me but would seem to be helpful on a blog or forum. I'm still thinking about their use.

I personally think a blog and forum should be separate entities. One could support the other. But I am always interested in other's ideas.
  • Options
    I think you're right, re them being separate entities. I sorta see a blog as a good way of displaying the homepage ie index page......e.g. say 2 or 3 headlines each day, which can be commented upon. Yes, i am sorta intrigued by tags as well. They offer another navigational system. I still need to google tonight for those mood thingies.
This discussion has been closed.