Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

H1 position in IE7

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'm currently creating a theme, based on the vanilla default, that integrates seamlessly with a website I made. As it stands right now i've got it mostly correct in all browsers, with one little annoyance in IE7 left. The <h1> at the top of the pages (All Discussions, General) is not aligned at the left of the page but a 300? pixels more to the right. This is not a bug in my css/html, because this site has the same problem, and i've seen a screenshot in another IE7 problem thread here on this forum with the same problem. Strangely enough, the Categories page does not have this problem. I was hoping someone here has found a fix for this problem.

Comments

• Options
    hmm same here... in ie 7 this is weired..
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I suspect it has to do with the #ContentBody margin set to 280 pixels to make room for the panel. Maybe IE is inheriting the property? If not, probably something that will have to be fixed using IE's conditional comments...

*Grins like an evil scientist* We must TEST! *Grins and laughs like an evil scientist*

Bummer. Just realized my work machine is the one with IE7, and I don't want to install it here.
  • Options
    you can have a standalone install of ie7b1
  • Options
    Re: standalone, yah, I know. Still don't want it. FF, Opera, and IE are enough browsers to lose a bookmark in.

As far as the CSS bug, its from an IE6 hack: html>body .ContentInfo h1 { width:80% !important; }
    Not sure how to fix, other than the complicated conditional comments and separate CSS that MS proposes.
  • Options
    y2kbgy2kbg New
    edited December 2006
    Well this is gonna get pretty ugly then when vista start to become standard... then it will have to be fixed eventully.
  • Options
    I just installed a clean xp in a vmware virtual machine and IE7 gets pushed through the automatic updates... So i guess everyone will have IE7 is a few weeks.
  • Options
    uh ohhh That mean we better hurry on this.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    IE7 works fine on most sites... the old IE6 hacks are what causes issues. They have some good stuff going like the fact that you dont have to write AJAX code in multiple versions... The calls are the same as other browsers in IE7. Sure makes life easier...
This discussion has been closed.