Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Using frames (or iFrame)

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
OK, I've searched the forum for this subject matter but nothing came up, so here's my question: How easy/difficult/virtually impossible is it to display external links to members' sites in a frame? What I'm looking for is to display the external sites with a header as the frame. The header would contain certain controls that would connect to my vanilla forum. These controls would be: * Add to favourites (similar in concept to the 'Add Friend' extension) * Send a booking enquiry (similar in concept to the 'Private Messaging' extension) I envisage the use of Ajax for these controls with the booking enquiry one acting like the 'big' and 'small' input whereby the header is made larger to reveal some fields e.g. date picker, message box etc.

Comments

• Options
    I use iFrames all the time...
    Just be sure there is not an extension disabling the HTML code.
  • Options
    or, the site in the iframe doesn't have a code that gets out of the iframe ;)
  • Options
    I was assuming the contents of the iFrame is under shotoshi's control of course.
  • Options
    Not sure. I'm talking about displaying "external" sites, which would not be under my control. Vanilla would need to make an association that the site displayed in the frame belongs to a member - it would know that because the user would've clicked on the link to their website in their profile. I'll try and dig up some examples
This discussion has been closed.