Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Extension: SoftWrap

StashStash
edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Extension Download: SoftWrap

A simple little extension that enables PRE formatted text (such as CODE and PRE) to wrap onto new lines. It does this by overriding all styles with a simple little style sheet.

I made this extension so I wouldn't have to keep editing all the wonderful styles made by the Lussumo Community each time a revision is made or a new one released. I can't stand horizontal scroll bars and often code examples break out of the styles which looks really shoddy as well. This solves all of that.

ToDo:
+ Allows admins to make this a user cusomisable choice so they can disable it if they don't want it on. This should be a simple GUI tickbox.

1.0.1 Released 2007-01-18
-------------------------
white-space:normal; wasn't the perfect solution as it condensed multiple spaces and the like. Now replaced with CSS2.1 white-space:pre-wrap; and the equivalent browser specific cases. Thanks Tero Karvinen (http://myy.helia.fi/~karte/pre-wrap-css3-mozilla-opera-ie.html)

1.0.0 Released 2007-01-16
-------------------------
Original release.

Comments

• Options
    StashStash
    edited January 2007

Updated to 1.0.1

I highly recommend that everyone updates to this release - see below.

white-space:normal;wasn't the perfect solution as it condensed multiple spaces and the like. Now replaced with CSS2.1:white-space:pre-wrap;and the equivalent browser specific cases.

Thanks Tero Karvinen.
  • Options
    Condensed the CSS by nearly a half. 1.0.2 uploaded :)
This discussion has been closed.