Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Restricted Close Discussion Permission

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I would like to give my forum users permission to close and sink it's own discussions, but not foreigner. I think this permissions should be in base functionality of forum. But I will be glad if someone suggest how to make such extension to me.

Comments

• Options
    I'm also eagerly waiting if it would interest a developer to do this. Anyone interested? In fact I cannot open my own Vanilla without it :)
  • Options
    I'd like to register my interest in this extension as well.
  • Options
    Am I missing something but couldn't this be handled by setting up roles to do this?
  • Options
    Sink discussions is an option for roles, but I thought this applied to any discussion? Or does sinking discussions only sink it for you and no one else?
  • Options
    @gugglegum: Have you tried playing around with roles?
  • Options
    jimw i think he wants users to sink discussions they've started but not sink other users discussions. I'm pretty sure roles dont cover that at present...
  • Options
    TBH, I think the ability for individual users to sink discussions just for themselves should be default behaviour. Obviously, an admin should retain the right to do a global sink as well ;)
  • Options
    In addition to my comment above, I just read this in another thread. Sticky should follow this behaviour as well IMO.
  • Options
    So, have anyone ideas about how it may be done through extension? Developer's documentation is very poor and doesn't describes this moment.
This discussion has been closed.