Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Captcha Not working!

edited September 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
hey, im getting an error when i install captcha! it says: Visual CAPTCHA and i have all requirements how to fix it or? Thanks all!

Comments

• Options
    please?
  • Options
    It usually takes a few hours for a knowledgeable person to get on, just so you know. Are you running your own server? If you are, I would suggest listing specifically all the features that you have that you feel ought to make it work. You have to give people something to work with rather than just "it does not work". List your server OS, your PHP version, any extensions and libraries you have, etc.
  • Options
    hey well im sorry for not posting that! im running windows 2003 standard with Xampp latest: Apache HTTPD 2.2.3, MySQL 5.0.27, PHP 5.2.0 + 4.4.4 + PEAR + Switch, MiniPerl 5.8.7, Openssl 0.9.8d, phpMyAdmin 2.9.1.1, XAMPP Control Panel 2.3, Webalizer 2.01-10, Mercury Mail Transport System für Win32 und NetWare Systems v4.01a, FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.20, SQLite 2.8.15, ADODB 4.93, Zend Optimizer 3.0.2, XAMPP Security
  • Options
    Usually the thing that is missing the from the standard PHP install is the GD library. On Windows you can enable it by editing your php.ini file and look for this line: #extension=php_gd2.dll remove the # from the front of it, and restart your server. If it still does not work, then you probably do not have the FreeType library installed, either. At the moment, I am having trouble finding information on how to get this library working with PHP on Windows (and have to get out the door now), but you can try to search for something like "Freetype PHP Windows"
  • Options
    I was thinking later that the FreeType library might already be compiled in with the GD library... let's only hope. I'm running a Mac and abhor Windows now, so I am not quite sure :).
  • Options
    well this is: GD Support enabled GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible) FreeType Support enabled FreeType Linkage with freetype FreeType Version 2.1.9 T1Lib Support enabled GIF Read Support enabled GIF Create Support enabled JPG Support enabled PNG Support enabled WBMP Support enabled XBM Support enabled what i have
  • Options
    Abhor eh? Strange to be so emotional about an operating system, but hey...

OSX users may find this HOWTO useful in getting GD and Freetype running ;)
  • Options
    well when i go to direct the photo it give an error thats no file in it www.home.com/extesions/CAPTCHA/image.php weird :S becouse the file is in it
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I just tested it on windows xp and xampp (php 5.1.6 and 4.4.4) and it is working; localhost/forum/extensions/CAPTCHA/image.php give me a captcha.
  • Options
    yes but when u install other extensions its stopping.. :S i dont no why
  • Options
    which one ?
  • Options

Stash: I abhor it because I spent way too much time maintaining the stupid thing. There are a couple features of Windows that I miss, but the cons outweigh the pros big time. I like to try out different programs, and whenever I try out a lot of different programs I have to format the hard drive every six months because performance slows down to a crawl. I guess I could manually go into the registry and attempt to ferret out every shared DLL and try to figure out how to remove the programs' several 'hooks' into Windows that were not removed properly on uninstall, but honestly it is faster to format the drive and start over. And yes - I would do things like defragment my hard drive and remove programs from startup (both in the registry and my startup folder). I even made sure my system was virus and spyware free. Now I don't have to worry about half the crap. I can even install about half the Linux programs on OS X. That is a gripe that I have with OS X, is that it is almost fully compatible with Linux stuff but not quite. The instructions you posted for OS X are pretty standard for installing any *nix library, though. With Windows the developer has to go through the same steps, all the end user sees is the DLL file.

• Options
    /me is a slave to Windows since he's a slave to games...
  • Options
    Ah, yes. Games. Hopefully that will not be a problem in the future as developers are beginning to develop commercial games for Linux and OS X.
  • Options
    Unfortunately that's been the case for years and see where we are today :( And with DirectX getting more and more of a stranglehold on PC gaming it's looking less and less likely :/ One lives in hope...
  • Options
    well ive couple apple Xserve servers but i want use this script on windows! its a bit crazy thats the file image.php the server not reconize or something and i badly need it working :(
  • Options
    I have the same problem with Captcha extension (newest version) - My vanilla is installed on shared linux hosting with PHP 4 and 5 (tested on both of them) all have GD 2.0 enabled with free type support.
This discussion has been closed.