Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

adding a new field to signup form

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I'd like to add a field to my sign up form, "zip code." I was hoping that hacking apart the <a href="http://lussumo.com/addons/?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=69">Extended Application Form</a> extension would help, but I didn't really get anywhere. Any suggestions or tutorials? Are there already any extensions that add additional fields to registration?

Comments

• Options
    Actually, your answer can be found here: http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:development:customcontrols. While looking up this answer, I think I found the answer to one of mine as well: how to add to the control panel options. I think it's going to take me a while to wrap my brain around this one...
  • Options
    StashStash
    edited January 2007
    I could have sworn I posted a link to the Extended Application Form here, but my comment seems to have disappeared... would that not do the trick?
  • Options
     Quote: [-Stash-]  I could have sworn I posted a link to the Extended Application Form here, but my comment seems to have disappeared... would that not do the trick?.

umm he said he had already tried it:

Quote: Cowboy_X  I was hoping that hacking apart the Extended Application Form extension would help, but I didn't really get anywhere.
  • Options
    I appear to be stuck in a time loop, time loop. Sorry :(
  • Options
    I found that since the name fields are already in the Vanilla core, you need to attach to a different delegate to save the custom information than the extended application form does.

PostRoleAssignment is what you should use, espically if you need to insert into a separate table and thus need the UserID of the new user. Its on line 250 of library\People\People.Class.UserManager.php. The delegate parameters you can use are a few paragraphs up (the same ones as PreDataInsert uses)
This discussion has been closed.